confession


I've had some time over the last couple of weekends. Time to reconnect and reaffirm myself in what I'm living for and who I'm living for. I think with a schedule that has me working up to 60 hours each week…..and thats only the paid stuff……sometimes I forget exactly what my purpose is.

Everyday I strive to bring the kingdom here. But it's so easy to let it become part of a routine. And yes I could still be doing the same things as I normally would….but it's going to be of no good if my purpose and my intent isn't Jesus. A routine smile is so much less than a Jesus smile!!!

"greater is he in me, than the powers of this world"

I adore this lyric. It holds such power. This daily affirmation has given me so much strength….and it's literally only been a few days in. What am I to fear in this world if I am knowing that he is greater than all of it? Nothing! 

I don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me.
Phillipians 3:12 NLT

He has begun this good work in me, so I should have no doubt that He will finish it. 
I will press on and strive for his Kingdom. I don't strive for perfection in myself, but for perfection in who I am called to be and in whose I am. 



No comments:

Post a Comment